Thursday, February 9, 2012

Social media

Steve Wheeler has just put up a slide show about researching social media in education and what we, as teachers, can learn.


Researching Social Media in Education: What can we learn?
View more PowerPoint from Steve Wheeler

This slide show is really interesting and discusses social media and the case for using these in education.

In addition he discusses researching, researchers, and publishing research. I found this very interesting as here our universities are 'rated' on the research 'outputs' of the lecturers which aligns with slide 55. Outputs are counted when they have been published in an international academic journal.  I guess one of the reasons I have found this part of the presentation so interesting is that I have found that many of the articles I have found most useful are ones in open journals with are not considered as prestigious.

No comments:

Post a Comment